|E-newsletter #63 Friday 13th November 2020|
Updated Covid-19 Parent Information
Further down this section, you will find a link to the updated Parent Information document. All changes are marked in red type so that you can quickly see any amendments from previous documents. Please take some time to read through the changes and refamiliarise yourself with the guidance - the importance of your role in keeping our school community safe and our school fully open cannot be overstated.
In situations where children have had periods of self-isolation due to a member of their household either testing positive or requiring a test, your prompt communication with school has been hugely appreciated. In line with the school's remote learning strategy, teachers have been able to quickly set work for those children who are self-isolating and we are also grateful to parents for providing confirmation of negative Covid test results which have helped to get children back in school at the earliest opportunity. Although it is not normal practice to request that parents show us the result of a medical test, in the circumstances, the school has included in its risk assessment the requirement for parents to show us a copy of the negative Covid-19 test text. We do not need copies of these - it purely ensures that we are meeting our duty of care towards everyone who learns and works in our school.
A summary of the main points and key changes to the Parent Information is listed below, along with a link to the new, updated Parent Information here. The corresponding risk assessment can be viewed on the school's website in the Useful Links section.
- Grendon CE Primary School remains fully open, as does the before and after-school childcare provision. Pupils' attendance at school continues to be mandatory.
- Parents should not enter the school building unless by prior arrangement with the Head Teacher.
- Consistent with DfE advice, external professionals, coaches, music teachers and volunteers will continue to work in school.
- Parents are requested to share confirmation of negative test results with school prior to their child(ren) returning to school.
- Parents are reminded that government guidance prohibits individuals from meeting in public with more than one person from another household and that the integrity of class bubbles should be maintained where possible when off school site.
- Pupils are forbidden from using school equipment outside of school hours due to the risk of cross contamination
- It is the school’s expectation that all parents will not only make themselves fully aware of the parent information document but that they will also adhere to the strict guidance that is clearly laid out within.
Reception Intake 2021
Zoom information meetings have been set for Wednesday 2nd December from 1.30-2.30pm and Thursday 3rd December from 11am-12pm. These will provide an opportunity for attendees to ask questions about the school and the admissions process.
Miss Steed's anticipated return date of Monday 16th November has been unavoidably delayed until Monday 23rd November. We all wish Miss Steed a speedy recovery and, in the meantime, Mrs Nixon will continue the excellent work in Pine Class for one more week.
Head lice have been spotted in Early Years! Please take some time this weekend to check your child's hair and treat as appropriate. Many thanks.
|Grendon Church Of England Primary School
Tel: 01933 663208